Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Confessions of a Harry Potter Nerd

You'll come to learn a few things about me as we go along, but I feel like I should probably put this one out there up front:

I am a dork.
A strange cookie.
A weirdo.

And I like it.

As you may have read in my last post, I'm engaged to my super-awesome co-weirdo life partner. And we're having a Harry Potter themed wedding next August in Portland.

Yes.

Harry Potter.

So as I plan this amazing wedding that is going to be so much better than all other weddings ever- because HARRY POTTER- I'll be adding DIY wedding projects, reviews on whether or not my ordering of a wedding dress off of Etsy works out, and tips on where to find the cheapest wedding supplies (I'm doing this all on a budget of $5000, so cheap is my bestest friend.)

But until I have a post on one of those projects, I hope that this amazing Butterbeer Cupcakes recipe will tide you over:

Super pro-tip: If you want to make these uh-maze-balls and super moist, skip the granulated sugar and use 1 cup of brown sugar. In fact, that's what I do for all of my cakes now.



I didn't feel like making ganache, so I went and bought me some butterscotch icecream topping.
I then made butterscotch buttercream frosting with it, and holy poop, it was the best buttercream frosting I have EVER made. It was smooth, it was light, it was sweet. It was so frigging good. So if you're going to try these, I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment