Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Cupcakes and Introductions

As this is my first blog post in many, many years, I feel like I should probably celebrate in style (it was also my twenty-fifth birthday last week - GASP). And what is a good way to celebrate? CAKE. And what is the best way to celebrate? CUPCAKES.



I made these banana chocolate chunk peanut butter cupcakes (with a few alterations, because I didn't want to spend $6 on a jar of whipped peanut butter that will only ever get used for this one recipe) with my wonderful co-October-baby friend Clara.

And so, with that delicious picture sitting there, I shall continue with the Introductions portion of this post:

I am a resident of the (usually) gorgeous city of Vancouver in Canada. If you know anything about Vancouver then you will assume that I wear yoga pants and eat quinoa and own a minimum of three umbrellas- and you would be correct (in fact I am wearing yoga pants right now).

I live in a sweet little apartment with my amazing fiancé, Greg, and occasionally a cat who comes by to have naps with us whom we have named Spud. Spud is actually lounging happily on a chair across from me right now, and I am glad of it as he hasn't been by in a couple of days and the apartment had started to feel like it needed some cat-energy.

I am a buxom/rubenesque/curvaceous gal who loves clothes and gave up on trying to buy them to fit her lovely lady lumps.

I run a fair-trade import store with my mother, and in the winter there isn't so much to do; so at the moment I have a fair bit of spare time on my hands. So instead of keeping my hands full of free time, I try to keep them full of glue guns, egg-beaters and seam-rippers.

I know that there are about nine-bajillion blogs out there about crafting, about cooking, about all of those things that you pin on Pinterest and will never get around to trying, but bear with me. As a plus-sized girl in this modern-day world I have searched and searched for a place on the internet to call home, and for the first time ever, I have found the internet lacking. This is a hard thing for me to say, as the internet and I are in a torrid love affair and I could never live in a world that didn't give me access to cat pictures, episodes of Project Runway on demand, and a million cupcake recipes that I would never have come up with myself... but I digress. The internet, my love, hath disappointed me.

So, I say, I shall build myself an internet home! And it is here that I shall show other plus-sized girls how to make clothes that will fit them and that they can afford! I will give you recipes that will satisfy your cravings and keep away the "I just ate cheese" guilt monster! And then, just because I can, I will walk you through how to make a cushion cover, or the best way to get burnt crap off of a pot, or how to add lace to all of the things! And to top it all off, I'll probably rant about some silly, wonderful, amazing things that I've come across/learned/watched/read!

So if you're ready to take this ride with me, strap on your Mary Janes and hold on tight!


No comments:

Post a Comment